The Passport is a residency document that need to be with you once you are planning for the aboard trip. It is a government approval ID-card that according to law confirms your citizenship. In simple it is a pass that allows you to enter other country with full confidence. While planning for a trip you need to be aware that you have an updated passport with you. If you do not have a passport then you need start the procurement process or your passport has reached the expiry date then you need to renew it as soon as possible. This process can only proceed if you have the following list of document with you.
List of documentary evidence
When you are going to renew for the passport in India then very first thing that strike in mind is about list of documents that will required. So let’s check what exact documents required for passport renewal for 2014 year below:
- Application form and photograph – To renew your passport you need either apply online @ here to download the e-application form for renewal. After completion of the form you need to print the acknowledgment and glue required number of photograph over it. The number of passport sized photograph should be 3 measuring about 35×35 mm in size. The photograph must have white background to provide clarity to the image.
- Passport – You need to provide in the passport regional office your original copy of current passport as well as you need to add other booklet if any issued to you. If you also have 5 years older passport, then it should be also attached to it. Moreover, you need to submit copy of 1st and last page of old passport. These also need to be accompanied with the ECR/ECNR page and few of observations page copy is also required.
- Nationality verification – Attachment of valid visa issued on behalf of the passport availability in the last 10 years need to be add.
- Legal status evidence – You need to provide the notarized photocopy of few documents such as current visa issued on the passport, green card if any, EAD, I-797 or I -20 approved notice (receipt notice is not entertained).
- Passport Under Tatkal Scheme – You need to provide at least 1 document out of the document listed in #a to #i such as Electors Photo Identity Card, service identity card either government or private recognised, SC/ST/ OBC Certificates, Rations Cards, sale agreement deed, Pension Documents, etc. If you are applying under Tatkal scheme then you should read documents required for tatkal passport here in detail. And once applied then you can check status of tatkal passport here.
- Other additional document – This document are listed in the tatkal scheme from “a” to “n” such as PAN Card, bank passbook, Student ID card acknowledged by recognized school or college, Driving Licenses, birth certificate, etc.
- Address proof – you can attach your water bill, electricity bill or postpaid mobile bill even you can add current bank statement to let the regional office fetch your respective address without spending any time looking here and there.
- ECNR proof – Convocation certificate serve as the best proof for ECNR. Emigration check is not required in case of visit to Pakistan, Bangladesh, etc.