Indian Rail Corporation and Tourism Corporation Ltd is one of the subsidiaries of Indian railway. Since its inception, it has come a long way in giving web based services in ticket booking and related matters. It has got immense popularity in a short span of time by providing tension free ticket booking from home. Its work can literally be termed as a milestone in giving quality services to the travelers around the nation. In its latest addition to the services, it has introduced air-ticket booking and room booking services in the hotels.
Popularly known as IRCTC, it is known for influencing changes in ticket booking through internet, which are considered essential in the second most populous nation in the world like India.
Why do you need to register your account in IRCTC?
- IRCTC operates through its website www.irctc.co.in and to carry out transactions of ticket booking, you need to have a registered account in the website.
- Transactions can be carried out by you only after your username and password are approved by the IRCTC.
- All the transactions carried out by you in your account remain strictly confidential and you are only permitted to login and operate your account for a fixed amount of time. Once you cross the time limit, you are automatically logged out.
How do you open your account with IRCTC?
- First of all, login to www.irctc.co.in and then click on the “sign up” link. The “sign up link” is located below “login” button.
- The link will give you the registration form that you will have to fill up cautiously.
- First of all, create a username, with which you will always login. You need to know whether it is available to be your username.
- Then carefully select a security question with the answer. This will be required when you are asked to validate your account in case of any problem
- Then keep on filling up your first name, last name, gender, marital status, date of birth, occupation, email-ID, mobile number and nationality one by one sequentially. Do not give any wrong information.
- Then next give your residential address and official address. At last, click on the options whether you will choose to receive all the promotion related literature from IRCTC.
- At last, enter the verification code in the box and click on the “submit” button.
- You will receive a confirmation mail once your account is approved by the IRCTC in the inbox of your email. To validate your account, click on that link which will confirm your account with IRCTC.
- IRCTC has every right to revoke your account, if information submitted by you is found to be wrong.
Once you have register the account successfully then you are ready to book ticket online using IRCTC official site. You can also check the PNR status using IRCTC online, so everything is online no more line queue.