As you know Maharashtra State Electricity Board (MSEB) is the organization by government of Maharashtra to take care of all the power needs of the state. It came in to existence in the year 1960 and it has taken several measures to transform the board into an efficient organization. As you know, National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) stands as the biggest organization in this sector, MSEB has taken the 2nd place in India after it.
Now it is relevant to know how MSEB came into existence with a little discussion about its background. At first, the generation and distribution of electricity was responsibility of Bombay Electricity Board, which remained there till the year 1960. MSEB signed collaboration with American company Enron and with their joint-venture, Ratnagiri Power plant began functioning.
Restructuring of MSEB
In the year 2005, MSEB went through restructuring and it became four companies. Those are as follows;
- MSEB Holding Company Ltd
- Maharashtra State Power Generation Company Ltd (MSPGCL)
- Maharashtra State Electricity Transmission Company Ltd (MSETCL)
- Maharashtra State Electricity distribution Company Ltd ( MSEDCL)
Who looks after billing and collection of dues?
Now, it is important for me to tell you about “MAHAVITARAN”, which is Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Ltd (MSEDCL). This is the company, which prepares your bills of consumption of electricity and gives you updates about all information about billing and status of payment.
Complete online presence
You could log on to http://www.mahadiscom.in/ and see the facilities available online for billing and payment information. As a consumer of MSEB, you now have access to all the important information regarding your account with MSEB.
Exclusive Consumer Services
Let’s discuss now about the important consumer services that you could avail online from this organization.
- You could apply for a new connection online.
- It gives you the facility to “pay and view” bills online.
- You could go for prepaid meter online recharge.
- If you are a registered user, you could register your complaint online.
- Like me, you could integrate steps with your mobile phone for payment and other transactions.
- You could ask for an e-bill.
- You could request for an ED exemption.
- You could know about the standards of performance.
- You could request for electricity supply code and other conditions of supply.
- You could download all the necessary application forms.
- It gives you facility of calculating the bill online.
- Besides this, this site of MSEB tells you broadly about all your rights as a consumer.
MSEB costumer care
Toll-free number- It has introduced its toll free numbers 1800-2003-435 and 1800-2333-435. You could call its customer-care and know about your queries about its bills.
Email Support – You can also send email to MSEB to find current or old bill copy by sending request on mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Check MSEB bill status
You can check the status of MSEB bill online using below section: