IRCTC (Indian Rail Catering & Tourism Corporation LTD) has been popular for the web services for advanced ticket booking it provides to the passengers. In a path-breaking initiative, IRCTC has also begun its services for air-ticket booking. It has developed host of services within a short span of time since its launch, such as, hotel booking, tatkal train ticket booking and air and train ticket booking for all classes.
At the moment, ticket booking payment options are facilitated by debit and credit cards and net banking. In a unique move, IRCTC has also begun offering ticket booking, where the travelers can pay by inter bank mobile service payments. This option is available to the people for 24 hours throughout the week.
Advantages of IRCTC booking of tickets
- IRCTC has given complete freedom to its customers from standing in queues for hours and booking tickets.
- Now-a-days, most of the tickets are booked through internet for which the harassment by the crooks and middlemen has been completely eradicated.
- Booking through the IRCTC is completely safe because it does not involve cash transactions, while the ticket is booked at the website.
- With the measures introduced by IRCTC, now the travelers can sit at home and book tickets as per their convenience.
- Booking does not include any paper work or filling of forms. Even the checking of the tickets can be done through i-pad or lap-top in the train.
Timings for booking of tickets in IRCTC website
- Earlier, the ticket booking services were available from morning 5 A.M. to 11.30 P.M..
- Although, it was long awaited, recently the timing for booking in www.irctc.co.in has been extended up to 23 hours in a day in this 2013 year.
- With this measure implemented, the ticket booking hours are now available for twenty hours in a day except 11:30 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.