As there have been a number of complaints about the presence of wrong information in the aadhar cards of individuals, the government has come forth with initiatives to help the persons, who have mistakes in their aadhar cards. If you have wrong name, date-of-birth, address, gender and mobile number mistakes in your aadhar card, those can be corrected with changes. The procedure for Aadhar card correction is really convenient and can be done both online and offline.
You can also send letters to UIDAI with a request to make pertinent changes. The good news is, not only once but also it is permissible to make changes for four times.
The service has been extended by the self-service facility by UIDAI. Let’s see the steps needed for updating the Aadhar card online and offline with one-by-one.
- First of all, you need to login to your account if you need to do it online. For that, you will have to use your aadhar number and an OTP (one time password) sent to your mobile number. After lodging your update requests, you can also check the status from time to time.
- To register a request, first of all you will have to click here. Here is a quick look of the form that will looks like:
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhar number and then click on the “send OTP”. Then you will receive a password (OTP), which remains valid for 15 minutes and this is only on your registered mobile number. If it is not registered, you will be asked to input your mobile number, on which the OTP will be sent.
- Then you need to enter your OTP and the text shown on the screen and you can then click on the “login” button. Do it quickly because, you will have only 15 minutes time. In case if your mobile not work properly then you need to download this aadhar correction application form , click here to download to apply offline.
- Now, you can enter your new values in the fields, where you need to update, such as date of birth or address or any related field. Then you click on the “Submit Update Request” button.
- You will be asked to check the details that you have entered afresh. For that you will have to click on “Modify” button or if all the details are correct, you can click on the “proceed” button.
- Then you will be taken to the “Update request confirmation and document upload” page and after selecting the document, you have chosen as proof, you will scan and upload the copies of those documents on that page. Then you can click on the “submit” button.
- Then the page will provide you “Update request Complete” page informing you that your “update request” has been completed.
- You will receive the confirmation message along with URN. You will be required to furnish the URN as and when you check the status on this page.