In our last post I discussed what is pan card and in this post I am going to guide you how to track your PAN or TAN card status online step by step. Let’s discuss for Pan Card first and followed by TAN Card.
If you applied for a new Pan Card then make sure that you shouldn’t have second pan card. As applying for more than one Pan Card can lead to fine as per Government of India’s rules. When you had applied for a new Pan Card to your nearest center then you must received an Acknowledgement number. This Acknowledgement number is important to track your Pan Card Status.
Here is list of details that you must have while visiting official website to track the status:
1) Acknowledgement Number
2) Complete Name (First Name, Middle Name and Last Name)
Let’s proceed to how to track the Pan Card Status in 3 simple steps:
1) Visit Official website of NSDL – click here to go directly to the tracking page.
2) On tracking page (as shown below) you will be ask to select ‘Application Type’ from a drop down menu. Choose ‘Pan –New / Change Request’
2) Keep your 15 digit unique Acknowledgement number ready with you and type exact no. that you received after filling up application form.
3) Click on Submit button – after few seconds it will show the status, you are done!!
How track TAN Application Status
Checking Tan status is exactly same as I mentioned in above step, instead of choosing ‘Pan – New’ you will have to choose ‘Tan – New’ from drop down menu. Lets check how to check the TAN card status in 3 simple steps:
1) Follow the same 1st step that is mentioned above – Visit official website of NSDL.
2) Choose ‘TAN – New / Change Request’ from drop down menu:
3) Put your TAN acknowledgement no. in next box and click on Go button.
You have done – after few seconds it will show current status of your Tan Card on next page!!
Let me know how much easy it was to track your status