Driving license is an important document from the government, which needs to be carried compulsorily by all the drivers and riders of the vehicles. A driving license is given by the transport authority for the period of five years for the non-transport vehicles and three years for the transport vehicles. After the period, the expired license is valid for a period of thirty days. During this period, the driving license can be renewed without any penalty. After this period, you can renew the license by paying penalty.
Documents needed for renewing the driving license
The following documents are necessary for renewing the driving license:
- Form-9 (Application form for the renewal of the license).
- Form 1 (Application-cum-declaration) for physical fitness for the non-transport vehicles. Form1-A (Medical certificate) for transport vehicles.
- Old driving licenses (Both for transport and non-transport vehicles).
- You will pay a fee of Rs 50, in case you want to receive the driving license in book form. This is valid for the grace period of 30 days. If you have applied after the 30 days grace period, you will have to pay Rs 150 as late fee.
- In case, you are interested to receive it in Smart Card form, then you need to pay Rs 250 as renewal fee if you have applied within the 30 days grace period. If after that, you will apply with an additional late fee of Rs 250.
Procedure for application
You can renew the license at the district transport office by filing it along with the application and necessary fees. You can apply within the time period of 10 A.M. to 2 P.M during a normal working day.
How to download Driving renewal form online?
In order to download for renewal of driving license online, you can download it here. This application form is valid for all state from Kolkata, Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai to rest of the cities in India.