Passport is an important document for traveling abroad. Besides this, it also acts as an identity proof for different purposes. You need to apply for it in the passport office of your region. Your request is usually processed within a month as your application goes through police verification. Normally, the passport is sent through speed-post service by India Post. The purpose behind sending it through speed-post is to make the passport reach your home within minimum time.
How to check status of passport dispatch by tracking speed post service?
By using following steps you can not only check the status of the Passport in Delhi city but also for Bangalore, Mumbai, Chenni and Kolkata city as well.
- To know about the exact status of your passport, please login to http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/statusTracker/trackStatusInpNew and the webpage is the official page of passport services of government of India.
- As the page is displayed, select the option “application status”.
- Then below it, you need to enter the file number that the passport office provides you at the time of submitting application.
- Below it, you need to submit your “date of birth” correctly. It must be entered correctly.
- As you click on the “track” button, it will show you the exact status of your application.
- When the passport is already dispatched, the website gives the 13 digit number of the speed post service.
- Then you need to login to http://www.indiapost.gov.in/tracking.aspx and the webpage will show the consignment tracking services by speed post service.
- Enter the 13 digit number you have been provided by the passport office.
- You will get the exact details of date of dispatch and the place, where your mail containing the passport is now located.